Rise Up is a three-year generosity initiative to make room for more people who will come as they are and be forever changed by the love of Jesus. Through Rise Up, God is calling us to partner with Him by investing ourselves and our resources in greater levels of commitment that will impact Wilson and the surrounding area of Eastern North Carolina today, and for years to come.
Our primary goal for this initiative is that 100% of our church family will go on a spiritual journey, asking “Lord, what do you want to do through me to make more disciples who have a growing heart for God, heart for each other, and heart for our world?”
Are you ready to Rise Up?
What does it look like for you to commit to this spiritual journey with us?
- Commit to attend every Sunday, bringing my Rise Up Journey Guide to take sermon notes.
- Commit to do the 30-day devotional (Monday through Friday starting Jan. 13th through Feb. 22nd).
- Commit to attend a weekly Community Group gathering to discuss Rise Up.
- Commit to pray our Rise Up prayer: “Lord, what do you want to do in and through me?”
- Commit to respond to God’s leading on Commitment Sunday, February 24th, and by faith to make a sacrificial, 3-year financial commitment that is over and above my current giving.
#1 – Catching the Vision
The people recognized that their city of Jerusalem was in trouble. Its gates were ruined and its walls were broken down. When they heard the vision God had given His servant Nehemiah to rebuild, they caught the vision and said, “Let us rise up and build.”
Will you see what God sees, feel what God feels, and then join him in his work?