Community Groups are where church really happens. Each week, we meet together on Sunday mornings to celebrate God’s Son, get encouraged, and get equipped for our ministry. Then we scatter throughout Wilson and surrounding areas, meeting in homes during the week.
It is in our Community Groups that we pray for each other, apply God’s Word to our lives, and hold each other accountable to our commitments. At WCC, we model our Community Groups after the early church as recorded in Acts 2:42 – “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.”
Dub Youth (6th-12th grade) strives to bridge the gap between childhood and adulthood, teaching students how to live out the three values of “Celebrate, Connect, and Contribute.” We offer many opportunities to grow via socials, small groups, worship summits, and camps.
Dub Youth provides weekly opportunities to connect with other students at our “e4” meetings on Sundays from 5:00-7:00pm at WCC.
The purpose of our Children’s Ministry is to develop relationships through worship, peer groups, service, and communication by way of the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. We provide a loving, fun and comfortable environment where God’s children of all ages can love the Lord their God with all their heart, love their neighbor as they love themselves, become disciples, become saved and baptized, and learn to obey God’s word.
- We offer classes for newborn to 5th grade during Sunday morning services.
- We do special events throughout the year, such as seasonal musicals and KidzFest, our summer program for kids.
- We provide a safe and secure check-in system for children on Sunday mornings.
- We don’t just babysit children. We use Bible-based curriculum to help children develop healthy spiritual habits and a life-long love for Jesus’ teaching.
Iron Men Ministries is designed to minister to the needs of every man. Our goal is to organize various events that aim to teach you, show you, coach you, and build you into becoming a real man of God—a man who himself becomes an instrument in helping other ordinary men become Mighty Men of God (Zechariah 10:5).
We meet throughout the year for fellowship, Bible study, and on an annual retreat.
Women of Grace
It is the desire of the WCC Women of Grace to unite and build bonding relationships with each other, teaching the older women and training the younger women according to Titus 2:3-5.
- Women’s Retreat – each spring the women have the privilege of getting away for a time of spiritual renewal as well as fun and relaxation. We enjoy inspirational speaking, praise and worship, and fellowship time with our sisters in Christ!
- Quarterly events which incorporate a Titus Teaching and offer fellowship activities, include Blues Night, Women’s Retreat, Fall Fun Night and WOG Christmas Party
- Monthly activities for connecting and bonding with other women include a game, movie or craft night or a Saturday outing.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – This ministry knits shawls that are prayed over and given to individuals who are in the hospital or who are afflicted with a major medical issue. Learn more…
The Orphan Care Ministry of Wilson Community Church exists to engage the Church and community to be the hands and feet of Christ by providing compassion and justice to orphaned and vulnerable children both domestically and internationally. We do this through:
- Raising awareness of the orphan crisis by providing educational resources, such as…bible studies, books, conferences, etc.
- Partnering with North Carolina based organizations: Amazing Grace Adoptions, Caroline’s Promise, NC Baptist Children’s Homes, Wilson County Foster Care & Adoption Services, and others.
- Hosting Orphan Sunday
Worship & Arts
The Worship and Arts team exists to lift up and glorify God with our artistic gifts in such a way that we and the congregation are drawn nearer to Him both in relationship and understanding. We do this through:
- StedFast Worship Team – this team leads worship each Sunday
- Sound and Tech Team – this team handles the A/V in the worship center
WCC partners with several organizations to send members around the world to support mission activities.